A broad overview of current research topics and projects.
CheminformaticsComputational methods for chemistry.
Virtual Drug Screening in the Chemical Space Accessible by Chemical Synthesis
• TACsy - Training Alliance for Computational systems chemistry
• MATOMIC - Mathematical Modelling for Microbial Community Induced Metabolic Diseases
Graph TheoryGraph theoretical approaches in bioinformatics: assembly, phylogeny and more.
Algorithms for Reconstructing Evolutionary Relationships between Phylogenies: The Multi-Valued Case
• Precise Methods for Orthology Assessment in Large Data Sets Using Best Matches
• Approximate Graph Products
• Geometric representations and symmetries of graphs, maps and other discrete structures and applications in science
RNARNA structure and regulation
RNAProNet - Integration der Netzwerke aus RNA- und proteinbasierender Regulation
• SPP 1738 Emerging Roles of Non-Coding RNAs in Nervous System Development, Plasticity and Disease
• High-throughput structure probing of RNA based on specific ligation of cyclo-phosphate ends combined with deep sequencing
• Miniaturized armless tRNAs – function, interaction, modifications
• Molecular Morphology: Deep Phylogeny Using RNA Structures and Related Markers
• Computational Detection of Bacterial ncRNAs and their Targets
• Synthetic riboswitches: design of multi-ligand switches and novel regulatory principle
Genomics and TranscriptomicsEverything from new methods for assembly, genome wide alignments, to functional annotation and analysis.
Synteny-Based Identification of Genomic Innovations in Insects
• Usage of relative timing of intron gain for phylogenetic analysis
• Refined Methods for Inference of Metazoan Phylogeny Using Mitochondrial Genome Arrangement Data
• Genotype-Phenotype Maps and Signatures of Selection in Genomic Sequences
• COIL-seq: Dissecting Cyanobacterial Chromosome Dynamics
• Long Non-Coding RNAs in Primate Brain Evolution
• Computational Methods for a Large Scale Annotation of Mitochondrial Genome
• Multi omics network integration in hematological cancers
Obesity and MetabolismCell metabolism, metagenomics and -bolomics of the human digestive system, regulation of obesity and more.
SFB 1052 Obesity Mechanisms
• Improving prediction and detection of small proteins for functional analysis in a consortium resembling the functions of the human microbiome
• Mathematical Modelling for Microbial Community Induced Metabolic Diseases (MATOMIC)