Literature links for Graph Theory Lectures
- The proof of Kuratowski's Theorem is due to Thomassen (1980). The
lecture was based on this proof's presentation in the book by Gross
and Tucker (1987).
- The proof of MacLane's Theorem was essentially based on the book
from Diestel ().
- A detailled study of the characterization of LCS in terms of
posets (and hence comparability graphs) can be found here. The
remarks on perfect graphs an comparability graphs as well as further
references on Dilworth's Theorem can be found in the book by Golumbic
(2004). Also, the book Computational Molecular Biology: An
Algorithmic Approach by Pavel Pevzner (MIT Press, 2000) is an
execellent reference on this topic.
- Thomassen, C. Planarity and duality of finite and infinite graphs.
J. Combin. Theory Ser. B 29 (1980) 244-271
- Gross, J.L. and Tucker, T.W. Topologicla Graph Theory.
- Diestel, R. Graph
- Golumbic, C.M. Algorithmic Graph Theory and Perfect Graphs, 2nd