Proteinortho - Orthology detection tool
2012-06-05: Proteinortho V4.26 - Source code
2012-05-01: Proteinortho V4.25 - Source code
- Added -singles option, it allows to report single and paralogous genes found in one species only
2011-08-16: Proteinortho V4.22 - Source code
- Compatibility with newer blast+ v2.2.25
- Compatibility with newer versions of gcc
- Reduced default I/O-threads limit to 3
- Some details for better looking output
2011-01-12: Proteinortho V4.20 - Source code
- Added option to output the edge list for reciprocal blast alignments
- Added script to output the remaining edge list after clustering
- Added test+ option for make to run a test using blastp+ rather than blast+
- Relaxed criteria for compilation test to deal with different versions of blast
2010-12-17: Proteinortho V4.18 - Source code
- Support for NCBI blast+
- minor bugfixes
Proteinortho predicts (co-)orthologous proteins within different species.
The program was optimized for multi-core processors and low memory usage.
If necessary, Proteinortho allows to handle large sets with millions of proteins.
Several options for distributed computing on managed and unmanaged clusters are available.
Lechner et al (2011). Proteinortho: Detection of (Co-)Orthologs in Large-Scale Analysis. BMC Bioinformatics 2011 Apr 28;12(1):124.
Proteinortho4 - Orthology detection tool
Po2Tree - Protein inclusion tree